Transfer Credits

Kettering University accepts a maximum of 72 credits completed prior to admission from accredited institutions.

Accredited Coursework

Only credit earned at institutions accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies will be considered for transfer. Regional accreditation does not automatically result in transferability of coursework. The various colleges and/or departments of the University determine individual course equivalency and transferability. When the coursework has been completed at an institution outside of the United States, the institution must be officially recognized by the Ministry of Education of that country as a degree-granting institution.

Tests for Credit

Kettering University will evaluate Advanced Placement scores for transfer credit. Please note: Kettering University does not accept CLEP credit. View a chart which details all the credits offered for AP & IBO courses.

Military Credit

Only credit earned at institutions accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies and credits noted on a Joint Services Transcript for courses/training evaluated by the American Council on Education will be considered for transfer.

College Courses taken prior to high school graduation (Dual Enrollment)

Students may be eligible to transfer courses to Kettering University taken during high school at accredited colleges and universities. To be evaluated for transfer to Kettering University, these courses must appear on a college transcript and be taught by a college faculty member. See the online Transfer Course Equivalency for more information. Students must submit an official transcript from the institution where the coursework was taken. Please note: credit will not be given for credit earned for both an A.P. exam and a college course that cover the same material.

Grade Requirements

All courses in which a 2.0 GPA or higher were earned will be evaluated for transfer credit.

Courses That Do Not Transfer To Kettering University

There are some educational experiences that we do not accept for credit. Those experiences include coursework completed at institutions not accredited by a regional accreditation agency, remedial/developmental classes, technical/trade classes, life experience, courses in areas of study not offered at Kettering University, non-traditional coursework completed at two-year institutions (including independent study, directed study, seminars, workshops or internships) and CLEP.

Contact Information

Schedule a Transfer Planning Call Today.